Thursday, April 5, 2012

totally random....


So, in my quest to find travel documentaries I have found one I am quite smitten with ~ Jane's Journey.  Jane Goodall has always been someone I looked up to, even more so as a young girl.  As soon as I found out about this amazing, animal loving, courageous, entrancing soul I was enthralled ~ and have been ever since.  This is a must watch for anyone who likes her.  Don't be fooled by the "starring angelina jolie and pierce brosnan" bit...they don't star in the documentary; they only give jane goodall praises here and there.

Onto other news, I had this intoxicating (not really) smoky Russian tea while in California, and I haven't been able to capture that taste since.  Does anyone have any recommendation for a good smoky flavored hot tea?  (cause I am breaking my bank account buying teas that don't match up)

Oh yes, DAY 4 (of being back) ~ still moody, but I have finally opened up my jewelry supply boxes so that must be a sign of spirits improving eh?  I took a trip to the farmer's market yesterday (which always sends me into fits of ooooohhhhs and aaahhhhhhs).....and ooooooh the strawberries.  One customer eying me says "if you keep on sniffing those strawberries they are gonna start charging you per sniff".......yes, it was that bad...errr, good?......

Isn't there always a particular food/fruit/veggie/whatev that can send you straight back to your childhood?  Strawberries do it for me ~ the memories of strawberry patches right outside the kitchen window, or in our front yard (more expansive)....picking them straight off the vine, eating them all before I could get them in the kitchen as requested by my mother (though I never heard her fuss for the lack of berries when I brought them in).  strawberry shortcake ~ strawberries with a bit of sugar ~ strawberries straight off the vine ~ any way strawberries could get in my mouth I was game :)
What food takes you back to your childhood?

side note: I have been gifted a little video camera from Jen that I have been playing with this week.  (i'm pretty sure I was gifted this cause of my mad skills at the jaw harp....i just know it), so amateur videos are headed this way soon!  No, no, don't cheer just yet......wait until I upload it first, then you can cheer all you want. Hehe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment