Wednesday, April 4, 2012
day 3 ~ i have run out of things to say...obviously
DAY 3 ~ SHOCKING changes in myself since i took my trip (okay, maybe not shocking, but changes nonetheless)
1. i am now a trader joe's snob (and think there should be one in every town)
2. i now make a disgusted look when i see that meat has nitrates (i mean seriously, i can't find anything in the local stores, ugh)
3. i now say "dude" way too much (though i think i was doing this before)
4. why the heck can't i have orange/lemon/avocado trees in my backyard!?....(not a change, but c'mon)
5. i have learned i sleep better with one pillow, not FIVE like i thought i needed before i left :)
sooooo, there you have it. that's all i have. too much change internally to really even describe here...some i haven't even processed yet. today is a bit better with mood....mostly relating to waking up determined to get on the road again ASAP. still have yet to unpack suitcase all the way. jewelry supplies/tools?...forget it. that will happen only with a cold drink or two and when i finally stub each and every toe i have on the boxes (still laying on the floor in the middle of the walkway).
back to getting on the road ASAP.......manifesting a way to get paid while traveling. making jewelry can only bring in so much, plus i actually have to MAKE jewelry on the road, and then bring all the supplies, beads, tools, finished products with me. i've done this already, it became very complicated, very quickly; looking for a simpler approach this time around...and also simple packing. i'm all about simplicity; less is more approach.
though the freedom of driving is ideal.....the slow pace of a train cross country, not paying gas prices, scenic views ~hard to top that. still smitten with going through utah/colorado by train.....one of the highlights of my life. i will be traveling by train MUCH MUCH MORE as time goes on. experience of a lifetime.
side note, does anybody use jojoba oil?...isn't it the most amazing ever?