Friday, August 20, 2010

how i simplify....


I keep a box or two in a room i use often......throughout my day or week if i see something i don't use, or isn't striking me as something that is "me" anymore, i toss it in the box....i usually label the box with the date i started it and write "goodwill or yard sale" on it.  keeping this box out enables me to let go of things at my own pace....
i can leave it in the box....and though it sounds cheesy, i can begin the "letting go" phase of the item...not all things are like this....some i can easily throw in the box and be done with them....if i give myself a chance though to release my attachment of it i tend to be more comfortable with the whole idea of simplifying....it becomes easier to detach every time.  

my release of books has been effortless now......i embrace the idea of owning only a few now....i of course hold on to my fabulous dictionary, thesaurus, and some work books that i look at consistently....those kind of inspiring books that have become a part of my life.....everything else i release into the world...knowing they will come back to me to be read if i need them....but honestly...with all the books in this world, i could NEVER read them ALL before i die....so why hang on to ones that have already crossed my path???......

speaking of letting go of....i am off to deliver more boxes to the Goodwill.......have a joyful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment