Monday, December 12, 2011

bursting forth....


i told myself i wouldn't post again in this blog until i had something to say; that i wouldn't post just to post, but i wanted the words to rise up in me like they have been known to do from time to time. words do that you know.

sitting here, peering out the windows at the gloomy cold day outside....the lake water is rippling, no breeze that i can see, and everything is covered with moisture....a bit how i feel these days. waiting on spring...yes, already. waiting on a warm breeze to fill me up...make me whole again. i never feel whole in the cold months. i feel myself shrinking ...i'm not fully myself until daffodils, tulips, narcissus break the ground and give way to warmer days...lighter days....days filled with hope of things to come.

...and so i have learned, only this year, to use these cold months to prepare....to till the ground so to speak...to do the work, so in warmth i can run free, wild, unencumbered to a degree....

on so many levels the work has already started....i actually feel like spring, or the feeling of spring, will burst forth in 2012 early...i know i will.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the vw bus. makes me want to grab my duffel and hit the road...definitely head for the beach!
    yes, let's "burst forth" in 2012! I really am gonna.
    xokp

    ReplyDelete