Tuesday, November 9, 2010

gratitude and abundance....



anybody that knows me, knows that i LOVE food....hearty comfort southern cooking more than ANYTHING....with the only exception being fried food...not big on that. 

most of what consumes me is anything comforting.........sunshine, warmth, food, comfy clothing that enables me to feel comfortable doing anything, flip flops, no restrictions.......i love the feeling of water on my skin while i jump in a pool or lake..............i love the feel of wind in my hair........i love the sand between my toes.....

so much of joy can be found in every day simple things.  in fact, that is where *it's* all at.......

it's november.....season of thanks....of gratitude.....i have SO many things to be thankful for....
november and december for me are always a time of celebration......probably a big reason being the food involved........but also because i realize i am fortunate and am able to share abundance with the people i love.....so my thoughts always linger to those who dread these months....the ones that don't have enough to provide for their families.....who struggle for food....for gifts to give their children at christmas......the older i get, the more my thoughts linger on this...this year even more so.

so be grateful for what you have.......appreciate it......love your family and friends.....be present ....enjoy your glass of tea, each bite of food....enjoy your clean water.....your fresh air......the clothes you are wearing that protect you from the cold......there are entirely too many things to be grateful for that i can't hardly keep up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment