Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Start small....


Small gradual changes....that's what it's about.....things don't happen overnight....

I know for me, the idea of changing my life...my habits...."saving the world"....used to be overwhelming. I had this idea in my head that I wanted something big to happen or change NOW...that instant....it never works that way.

This could be a long winded post...but I will try to keep it simple.  SO many thoughts have been running through my head that I want to express....so much I am learning that I just want to put out there for everyone to read and let it change their lives possibly....but this is the part of being overwhelmed I was talking about a minute ago.....


I believe we can do our best "teaching" by example...by living our own lives in accordance with what we believe to be true.....change is collective individuals each trying to make a difference in their own lives.....it doesn't happen overnight.....one person tells one persons tells one person....and so on and so on.  

The more we expose ourselves to new ideas...good positive ideas...the more they become ingrained in our every day lives...learn learn learn and then keep learning more.  Question what is put before you....challenge ideas that don't sit well with how you believe life should be....ask what is in your food...where it came from...who grew it.....become as involved as possible in your children's education....ask what they are learning about....practice compassion with every living thing....respect the world around you.....


I, for one, have always had issues with eating meat....I go back and forth for different reasons....
I think it's important to become aware of how each food you consume makes you feel.....study what you eat.....become aware......just as alcohol can make you feel drunk, how is your food affecting your body? .....


anyway, these are just some ideas flowing through my life.....more and more I realize I need to become WAY more aware of what I'm actually surrounding myself with daily...what we all are allowing in our world....

No comments:

Post a Comment