Thursday, August 16, 2012

rock the boat


here we are mid august already....this summer has flown by, just like life does.  I love summer but i haven't been outside as much as i would have liked.   mosquitoes are bad around here...as is west nile virus so i hear.  last year i was so disappointed that i wouldn't be traveling during the summer,  this time around i'm sorta glad for it....though packing is much easier and lighter in the summer months. 

speaking of being lighter....i am still not eating meat.  it's been months now and i don't miss it.   this week i have been thinking about fish though...perhaps it's because i can't stop thinking about the beach...those two go hand in hand usually.

today i am hammering metal hoops.....oh, and my fingers...only one of those i mean to hammer.

i am taking apart jewelry today.  i am hammering metal.  i am taking brand new supplies and manipulating them into something else.  i am reinventing how i usually make something.  it's time.  it's time to do what i want with what i want.  change is good.  making something *yours* is good. 

i am setting intentions.  i am consciously thinking and envisioning what i want with every item i create today...i envision myself taking a step forward with each thing...and then sometimes two.  life is short, make it happen, i tell myself. 




1 comment:

  1. "life is short, make it happen, i tell myself." Hell yes!

    Love that you are setting intentions. We really are riding that same energetic wave ~ right down to missing fish (but mostly because I was just on the SoCal coast).

    So I'm going to figure out a vegan version of two of my favorites ~ shrimp cocktail and grilled tuna sandwiches. I'll share the recipes once I've got em down! Love you bright one!

    ReplyDelete